- Composite Blending effect (e.g. Sonic Waterfall transparency)
- CPU Turbo option (e.g. Road Rash gameplay speed)
- Increase sprite limit.
- Audio Filtering options for Model 1, Model 2, Minimal, and No Filter
- Switch between YM2612 (Model 1) or YM3438 (Model 2/3) FM Synth
- Multitap: 4-way, Team Player, J-Cart
- SVP Chip (Virtua Racing for Genesis supported)
- Auto-Region header detection using the new style and the old style combined.
- Corrected Aspect Ratio option for 320x224 game resolutions (e.g. Castlevania Moon).
There are two methods of region detection.
Header: This method detects a character in the header to determine if the game was intended to be played on a Japanese, European, or American version of the console. This method is default and preferred as it is compatible with the entire commercial lineup. This option uses a region priority setting for multi-region games which had "JUE" in the header. Whatever the first region is, will be the region set on load of a multi-region game.
File Ext: This method changes the region according to the filename extension of the rom.
- BIN = Japanese
- GEN = America
- MD = Europe
There is also a region priority list for multi-region games that had multiple region codes in the header. This is useful if you want to specify a certain region to default to in order of first priority to last (e.g. US>JP>EU will try to load multi-region games in US first, then it will load as JP if no US region code is present, then EU if neither is present).