Here's a collection of links to various information, videos, and articles about the MiSTer. MiSTer is an evolving platform, so these videos can only represent what was available at the time of them being made, some information and representations may be outdated. If you just want a comprehensive full review of almost everything MiSTer has to offer that is up to date, watch the My Life In Gaming video here:
Otherwise there are some older videos listed below.
MiSTer FPGA Articles
- Polygon - MiSTer 101: A classic gaming device to rule them all by Christopher Grant - August 8, 2021
- Kotaku - And Now, The Ultimate Retro Gaming Device by Mike Fahey - September 02, 2021
- Edge Magazine Australia - Hard Core: How MiSTer emulation is redefining the art of resurrecting gaming's past by Alex Wiltshire - April 22, 2021
- The Verge - The DIY Issue: Building The Ultimate Retro Computer by Sam Byford - March 11, 2021
- Nintendo Life - Hardware Review: MiSTer FPGA - A Tantalizing Glimpse Into The Future of Retro Gaming by Damien McFerran - February 11, 2021
- Dream Machine: MiSTer FPGA by Félix Léger (@felleg) - October 18, 2020
MiSTer FPGA Videos
- Jan 2021 - Digital Foundry - DF Retro Hardware: MiSTer FPGA - A Brilliant Mini Emulation System Explored!
- Jan 2021 - Scarlet Sprites - MiSTer FPGA Review 2021: Arcade & Console Accuracy!
- Dec 2020 - Retro Bits - MiSTer FPGA - how to build, demo, costs, and pro/cons
- Mar 2020 - Briar Rabbit - What is a MiSTer FPGA?
- Nov 2019 - SmokeMonster - MiSTer Cores without add-ons (no SDRAM)
- Jul 2019 - RetroManCave - Exploring MiSTer
- May 2019 - GameSack - MiSTer Review
- Oct 2018 - ETA Prime - FPGA Emulation MisTer Project on the Terasic DE10-Nano
- Oct 2018 - SmokeMonster - Introducing the MiSTer FPGA
- MiSTer assembly and config (Ownlonymous)
- Creating a MiSTer SD card (NML32)
- Mounting a VHD from Windows over the network (NML32)
- MiSTer FPGA How To Setup Tutorial (MadLittlePixel)
- MiSTer FPGA Input Mapping (rsn8887)
- MiSTer FPGA Getting Started and Setting up with Mr. Fusion (Master Hacks)
- AO486 Core - Setting up DOS Games with pre-built Total DOS Launcher (FlynssBit)